For many first time Holiday renters, the check-in and checkout process can often be confusing. Keep things simple by providing the following instructions on a continuous basis for your guests!
Pre-Arrival: Providing check-in instructions in a timely manner is an essential part of your guest’s pre-arrival experience. We suggest you provide the following:
- Driving directions
- Check-in time
- Any special parking instructions
- Where to find the key (is there a lock box code or will you be meeting them upon arrival?)
- List of what is provided (linens, towels, toiletries, etc)
- Packing suggestions
- Best contact number to reach you at
- Ensure your guests are aware of your House Rules! Outline any additional special instructions or rules.
Departures: To ensure a smooth transition between arrivals and departures, it may be a good idea for you to outline the following instructions for your guests depending on your property’s needs.
- Reiterate check-out time
- Close and lock all doors
- Turn off all lights and ceiling fans
- Place all garbage into containers outside
- Strip beds, leave sheets on laundry room floor
- Load all dishes and start dishwasher
- Turn off AC/Heater
- Close all outside gates
- Leave key on counter or in lock box
- Remember to send your guests a “Thank you” note! This will go a long way in getting you a great review and possibly even a repeat guest!
Rental Instructions: It may not be apparent how to use certain items in your home. Don’t forget to provide any specific instructions as necessary.
- Wifi network and password
- Where to find extra linens/towels
- Instructions for TV or remotes (do you have Amazon Prime or Netflix account for guests to use?)
- Sound system instructions
- Trash removal (where to find outside trash bins)
- Special appliance instructions (i.e. outside BBQ or firepit?)
- How to use the thermostat
- Hot tub or pool heater instructions
Local Suggestions: No one knows the surrounding area better than you! Share some of your favourite spots with your guests!
- Bars and restaurants
- Coffee shops
- Grocery stores
- Shopping areas
- Nearby parks or popular outdoor areas
- Museums or national monuments
- Movie Theatres
- Urgent care centres
- Places of Worship